Rosehip is one of the best natural ingredients that confer anti-aging properties. Several researchers have confirmed its use in instilling nourishment for your skin. So let us unravel the various benefits associated with this special ingredient and what can be added with it. We will also discuss what you must not mix with rosehip.
You might have come across rose oil which is derived from rose petals. Unlike this, rosehip oil is derived from the seeds. It is popularly known to moisturize skin and have other medicinal benefits associated with it.
What can you mix with rosehip oil?
The benefits are plenty and you can still enhance its qualities as per your wish. So what blends well with rosehip oil? There are a lot of natural ingredients that go well with this miracle component.
Plenty of other natural oils can be used to improvise on the rosehip oil. Here is a list of such essential mixes that are a must-to-know.
1. Jojoba oil
Several experts have approved the combination of jojoba oil and rosehip oil. Compared to any other recipes, these two, when involved in the formulation, do wonder to the skin. They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
A lot of other benefits are associated with this mix;
- Jojoba oil does the job of allowing rosehip oil to penetrate the skin much more effectively compared to rosehip oil applied alone.
- Each of these ingredients has separate benefits. Their combination enhances these properties and develops your skin.
- This recipe is not greasy and is quite easy to apply.
- It has skin-nourishing properties. They heal scars and reduce stretch marks.
- Both the oils have high moisturizing effects.
- They do wonders on your hair. It is used as a natural hair serum that can straighten out dull and damaged hair.
To get the effectiveness of both these ingredients, here is the recipe.
The ingredients used are;
- Jojoba oil
- Rosehip oil.
- Lavender essential oil.
Mix the ingredients in a container and store them in a cool dry place. For application, use a dropper and apply the oil drop-by-drop onto your skin.
Rosehip oil moisturizes your skin giving it a youthful look. To add to this property, you can use your daily moisturizer. Mix the moisturizer with a drop of rosehip oil. Use your fingertips to mix them both.
Apply it onto your skin. You can use it before using your sunscreen and makeup.
3. Aloe vera
Aloe vera is a magical plant with healing and beautifying properties. If you were to combine it with rosehip oil, there is a high chance that it would be the ideal product for your skin. So let us discover the benefits of this mix;
- This mix is hydrating and healing at the same time. Any sort of rashes or acne scars would disappear with this mix.
- Aloe vera combines with rosehip to soothe and soften your skin.
- It has anti-aging properties.
- They have natural exfoliating properties.
- More often you can use them to confer firmness to your skin.
- Your skin tone will be enhanced greatly and you will feel much fresher and young.
Apply aloe vera onto your skin. Then add drops of rosehip oil. You could use it simultaneously along with an emulsifier to hold the two components together as a single product.
What should we avoid mixing with rosehip oil?
There are certain ingredients that, when combined with rosehip oil, result in harmful effects on your skin. Such mixes should be strictly avoided especially if you have sensitive skin.
Here is a list of such recipes that you should avoid;
1. Retinol and rosehip oil
Although individually, they have tremendous benefits on our skin, together they confer a few side effects. Most of the time, rosehip oil proves to be a natural alternative for retinol. However, mixing these two can create various negative reactions.
- Rosehip oil contains Vitamin C just like Retinol. Hence, together they cancel out each other’s effectiveness
2. Creams with AHA and rosehip oil
Just like retinol, AHA or Alpha hydroxy acids are strong and on overuse, can lead to mild or strong reactions. Rosehip oil mixed with AHA cannot be used during the day. This mixture creates destruction in the natural setting of your skin.
Although not much is known regarding the possible effects, experts suggest avoiding this mix as much as possible.
3. Creams with BHA and rosehip oil
AHA and BHA are a mix that gives mild skin reactions. You can only use them in a limited amount. BHA is mostly used as an exfoliant which gives it the chance to become harsh on your skin.
What does rosehip oil do for the face?
Basically, this ingredient is used for skincare and pharmaceutical products. It finds use in formulations and also as an individual ingredient. Here are some of the benefits that give it the features making it stand out as a special ingredient;
Benefits of rosehip oil
- Hyperpigmentation is a situation most individuals fear. Too much exposure to the sun is one of the main reasons for excess melanin production. Rosehip oil does a great job of brightening such uneven shades and restoring the tone of your skin.
- Rosehip oil is rich in vitamin C. This makes it useful in many ways, like being able to control diabetes and other benefits. Most importantly, vitamin C does wonders for the skin.
- Use rosehip oil to rejuvenate the skin and make it appear awake. It nourishes your skin from within.
- It brightens skin and reduces pores.
- This ingredient has the specialty of inducing the production of collagen. Your skin requires this component to be able to stabilize itself and stay rigid. In a way, this will eliminate wrinkle formation.
- Any acne-prone skin can use rosehip oil for relieving severe acne conditions.
- Rosehip oil is a natural alternative for lip gloss. Its gentle formulation makes it suitable for application in sensitive regions.
- They are a rich source of antioxidants. Moreover, its natural smell makes it more desirable for application.
- It is rich in several vitamins including Vitamin C. E and A.
Rosehip oil brings about additional benefits to several ingredients. However, there is a requirement to practice caution and test on the ingredients on your skin prior to application on your face.