Banana powder is a type of powder with a yellow hue to it. Ben Nye was the first to create a Banana powder. It is something that has become some sort of cult-classic revolutionary item in the makeup industry.
This is what the brand describes their product as:
“Banana Light Luxury Powder provides a flawless matte complexion that will give you a brilliant, illuminated look. It helps diffuse texture and fine lines while controlling oil and shine. Banana Light Powder matches fair to light skin tones with golden undertones. It can also be used to highlight light skin tones.
This loose setting powder is milled to a micro-fine consistency creating a silky-smooth texture that will help you look incredible in person and in all forms of media. Available in three convenient size options, Luxury Powder is a necessity in any kit, especially for Bridal, Fashion, Film, and Media Makeup Artists.”
This finely milled finishing powder is mattifying and gives you a smooth finish without clogging your pores allowing your skin to breathe while looking smooth and perfect.
Yes, it is true that Ben Nye is the first to create and introduce banana powder to the world, but ever since Ki Kardashian and her makeup artist revealed their use of banana powder, it became more accessible and popular.
But Ben Nye may not be accessible or affordable to all because it is a high-end luxury product like its name suggests, so here we present before you, products that are more accessible and affordable compared to Ben Nye Banana Powder.
Top Ben NYE Banana Dupes
“A loose setting powder that doubles as a photo filter, blurring imperfections for a soft-focus effect on the skin.”
- The powder is lightweight
- Doesn’t cake or crease
- Gives a sheer and natural coverage
- Suitable for all skin types
- Works well with all skin tones, but especially with deep tones.
- Help keep your makeup in place and reduce oil
“Set it and forget it. Our TruBlend Minerals Loose Mineral Powder blurs the appearance of pores and fine lines. It won’t cake or crease and locks in your makeup look for a perfect, #nofilter finish that lasts all day. An expanded shade range to match all skin tones.”
- Their banana shade help brightens
- Set your makeup in place and hold it for a long time.
- Provide an airbrushed finish
- Mattifying and Flawless Finish
“A lightweight, translucent finishing powder that helps soften the appearance of fine lines and pores. This silky pressed powder has a fresh matte finish.”
- Provides translucent coverage with a lightweight matte finish.
- silky formula help soften the appearance of fine lines
- Helps soften the appearance of fine lines and pores
- fresh matte finish.
- It is considered a great dupe for Ben Nye Banana powder
- It doesn’t cast any grey cast like other setting powders.
- Lightweight formula
- Available in four shades
“Lasting Fix Matte Setting Powder is now in shade brightening Banana for a soft-focused effect. From blurring and smoothing to illuminating and baking, set and perfect for all-day wear.”
- mattifying microfine setting powder
- sets and extends the wear of your makeup
- blurring pores almost instantly
- blends easily on the skin
- multi-use product: can be used alone to blur pores, brighten skin as well as with makeup to, prep, set and lock.
Uses of banana powder
Ben Nye Banana Powder is regarded as one of the best powders to use to keep your makeup in place and rid excess oil, especially by makeup artists and stage performers.
Here are the uses of ben nye banana powder –
- The hint of yellow makes this powder especially flattering to people with warm to deep complexions.
- Keep your skin matte, but it also blurs your fine lines. Plus, it won’t leave behind any chalky or ashy cast.
- Offers an airbrushed effect and a soft-focus finish.
- Reduce the appearance of fine lines, absorb oil
- It also correct discoloration thanks to the yellow or golden tint
- It also gives your skin a warm highlight and also reduce shine
- If used to set concealer, then it will prevent your concealer from creasing and settling into fine lines
- Best for complexions with olive, golden, or yellow undertones.
How to use Banana powder on your skin?
You can use Banana powder like classic/traditional loose powder. Take a powder brush and dip it into your desired brand’s banana powder and swirl it on your face
Another way is to use it as your concealer setter and use it to absorb the excess oil. Dip a concealer brush into the powder and add wherever you used your concealer. After letting it sit for 5-10 minutes, brush off rest of the powder
If you want to bake your makeup, then take a sponge and add a liberal amount of banana powder under your eyes (like Kim Kardashian showed in her Instagram story). Let it sit for like 5 minutes and dust the excess powder off your face.
- Prime Your Face
- Apply your foundation, yes you should apply banana powder after applying Foundation
- Apply your Concealer (in a shade one or two shades lighter than your skin tone) in areas you want.
- Apply the Banana Powder of your choice in one of the above ways.
- Go ahead and Finish Your makeup Look