To provide the facial skin with the much-needed nourishment, we need to apply the right ingredients. This DIY frankincense anti-aging face cream has amazing skin-friendly natural ingredients that will keep your skin rejuvenated and young. With the moisturizing powers of shea butter and the anti-aging benefits of frankincense essential oil, this face cream is sure to make your skin soft and supple.
Benefits Of Frankincense Anti-aging Cream
- Shea butter is a great emollient and moisturizer for dry skin. It seals the moisture in, preventing the skin from drying out. (source)
- It is also used in sunscreens, as it absorbs the UV radiation of the sun. Along with preventing sun aging, it also boosts collagen production and helps tissue cell regeneration and softening of the skin.
- Shea butter’s anti-inflammatory properties reduce skin inflammations like itching and redness.
- Jojoba oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which has uses in a variety of skin conditions including skin infections and skin aging. It soothes the skin and reduces irritation and redness, along with moisturizing it.
- Jojoba oil has a high content of wax esters, which makes it a good repair option for various skin diseases like seborrheic dermatitis, eczematous dermatitis, and acne. (source)
Vitamin e oil
- Vitamin E oil has photoprotective and anti photoaging properties, which means that it protects the skin from the adverse effects of UV radiation. Too much exposure to UV rays causes premature aging. (source)
- This oil also nourishes and moisturizes your skin, making it smooth, soft, and glowing. Its antioxidant properties retard wrinkle formation.
- Rosehip oil is rich in carotenoid pigments and is a strong antioxidant, which can inhibit the synthesis of MMP-1, an enzyme responsible for the breakdown of collagen. Thus, rosehip oil reverses the signs of aging. (source)
- An extract derived from rosehip known as methanolic has been shown to be an inhibitor of melanogenesis; which means that rosehip oil works against skin pigmentation. It reduces dark spots and gets rid of unwanted pigmentation.
Frankincense essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil is one of the best essential oils with anti-aging benefits. Its cell rejuvenating properties stimulate cell regeneration and also protect older cells from free radical damage.
- The astringent-like properties of the oil help to soothe the skin, tighten skin pores, and gives the skin an even tone. It’s also beneficial in softening fine lines and wrinkles. The drying property of astringent is helpful in giving the skin an oil-free, glowing look.
Rose essential oil
- Rose essential oil deeply nourishes the skin to make it softer, smoother, and brighter. It also reduces redness and skin irritation, to make your skin healthy and glowing.
- Its antimicrobial properties keep skin infections at bay and may help prevent the onslaught of acne.
Procedure For DIY Frankincense Anti-aging Face Cream
- ¼ cup Shea Butter
- 1 tablespoon Rosehip Oil
- 2 tablespoon Jojoba Oil
- 5 drops vitamin e oil
- 10 drops Frankincense Essential Oil
- 5 drops Rose Essential Oil
How to make
- Melt shea butter using a double boiler system.
- Once the shea butter is melted, take it off the stove and add in jojoba and rosehip oil.
- Mix everything well.
- Allow the mixture to cool until it thickens, but it shouldn’t be too hard.
- Whip up the mixture with a hand blender until the mixture becomes creamy and fluffy.
- Now, add all the essential oils and mix well.
- Store the cream in an airtight glass jar.
- To use it, scoop out a bit of the cream and apply it to your cleansed face twice a day.
- You can store it for 4-5 months in a dark cool place.
- Some essential oils can irritate sensitive skin. So always do a patch test on a small area of skin to see how your skin reacts to it.
- You can store the cream for months, but if it starts smelling rancid, throw it away, and make a fresh batch.
- Make sure the products you use are free of chemicals and 100% natural.
Making a face cream yourself is the best idea since you know what you are putting in there and don’t have to worry about harsh chemicals. This DIY anti-aging face cream has ingredients that are proven to reduce the signs of aging. So what are you waiting for, try this amazing face cream and pamper your skin.