Give your skin the much-needed moisture with this DIY anti-aging aloe face moisturizer. As the name suggests, it has anti-aging benefits too. The wonderful aloe vera gel has many benefits for the skin due to its antimicrobial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
While the presence of essential oils like frankincense and lavender provide the anti-aging benefits to your skin. Ultimately making your skin soft, supple and glowing. Keep reading to see the full recipe along with the benefits of each ingredient.
Benefits Of DIY Anti-aging Aloe Face Moisturizer
- The hormones present in aloe vera, auxins, and gibberellins, help in wound healing and have anti-inflammatory action. Thus applying aloe vera gel will soothe the skin and heal wounds. (source)
- Aloe vera contains vitamins A (beta-carotene), C and E, which are antioxidants. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals and therefore prevent skin-cell damage. This helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Aloe vera also has a protective effect against radiation damage to the skin(source). This helps in inhibiting the overproduction of melanin. Therefore fade dark spots, age spots and make skin tone even.
- Aloe vera has moisturizing effects too. It hydrates and moisturizes the skin. This helps treat dry, flaky skin.
- Aloe vera stimulates collagen production. This improves the elasticity and firmness of the skin. Hence giving you youthful and glowing skin.
I strongly recommend the Organic Aloe Vera gel from Seven Minerals which is 100% Pure Aloe From Freshly Cut Aloe Plant and not powder. Have no Xanthan, so it absorbs rapidly with no sticky residue.
- Jojoba oil has anti-inflammatory properties that soothe the skin and reduces irritation and redness.
- It contains omega-3 fatty acids that moisturize and nourishes your skin.
- Jojoba oil has a high content of wax esters, which makes it a good repair option for various skin problems like acne(source).
I strongly recommend Jojoba Oil by Laven Rose. Its pure cold-pressed oil which is natural and unrefined. This will provide the best moisture to your skin and is great for hairs and nails as well.
Frankincense Essential Oil
- Frankincense essential oil speeds up the wound healing process, therefore aiding in the fading of scars and blemishes.
- It has powerful antioxidant properties that neutralize damage-causing free radicals. This helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- The astringent-like properties of the oil help to soothe the skin, tighten skin pores and gives the skin an even tone.
I recommend using the Frankincense essential oil from Majestic Pure. These are high-quality oil which is non-toxic, no additives, unfiltered and undiluted with no fillers, and is of therapeutic grade.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender essential oil reduces skin inflammations due to its potent anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore it reduces dark spots and improves skin texture.
- Like frankincense oil, it is also full of antioxidants. This gives it the power to protect and repair skin cells as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
You should use the Lavender Essential Oil from Majestic Pure. It’s 100% natural and is of therapeutic grade.
How To Make DIY Anti-aging Aloe Face Moisturizer
- ½ cup Aloe Vera Gel (Buy on Amazon)
- 5 tablespoon Jojoba Oil (Buy on Amazon)
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil (Buy on Amazon)
- 10 drops frankincense Essential Oil (Buy on Amazon)
How To Use
- Take half a cup of aloe vera gel in a bowl.
- Add five tablespoons of jojoba oil into it. Mix it well.
- Add the essential oils to the mixture and mix it properly using a spoon.
- Transfer the DIY face moisturizer into an airtight glass container.
- Store in a cool and dry place.
- Whenever you want to use it, scoop out a bit into your hand and massage onto your face using gentle circular motions.
- Apply twice a day on cleansed face.
Moisturising the face is as important as cleansing it in the first place. A well-moisturized skin glows naturally and is soft and supple. While you may be wary of commercial moisturizers as they are laden with chemicals, this DIY aloe face moisturizer is made up of natural ingredients that have no side-effects. Other than moisturizing the face, it also has anti-aging benefits. Plus, it’s lighter in the pocket.
So take out the time to make this aloe face moisturizer and pamper your face. Also, do not forget to share your experience with us in the comments below.