Everyone has a different kind of hair. Long, short, curly, straight and more. But what’s something that each type of hair wants? Proper nourishment. yes, no matter what your hair profile is, thinning, brittle hair prone to breakage is unacceptable. That’s where the coconut oil hair mask comes into the picture. With coconut oil as the main ingredient and other carrier and essential oils, this DIY coconut oil hair mask will make your hair smoother, shinier and thicker.
Benefits of DIY Coconut Oil Hair Mask For Thicker Hair
- Coconut oil has the ability to penetrate inside the hair shaft, because of its low molecular weight and straight linear chain. Hence, it moisturizes hair from inside. Hence making your hair smooth, shiny and tangle-free.
- Coconut oil can reduce protein loss for both undamaged and damaged hair(source). This helps in maintaining the strength of your hair. Hence prevents breakage.
- Coconut oil is very effective in stimulating hair growth as it is a rich source of vitamin E. Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that neutralizes damage-causing free radicals. This helps maintain a healthy. Hence stimulates hair growth.
- Coconut oil has antimicrobial properties, which prevents scalp infections like dandruff.
- Jojoba oil is a great conditioner for hair. It hydrates your hair strands and locks the moisture in, preventing hair from drying out.
- Jojoba oil stimulates hair growth, due to the various vitamins and minerals found in it(especially zinc). It improves the length and volume of your hair.
- Jojoba oil also repairs hair damaged due to heat styling as it has the ability to penetrate deeply and nourish hair from inside.
Thyme Essential Oil
- Thyme essential oil stimulates blood flow to the scalp. Hence help in promoting hair growth. It also works to prevent hair loss.
- Thyme essential oil has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce scalp irritation and itching, and prevent dandruff from flaring up.
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Peppermint essential oil is used to stimulate hair growth. A 2014 study demonstrated that peppermint essential oil promotes hair growth without toxic signs(source).
- Peppermint oil is also effective in treating dry hair and scalp. It moisturizes and hydrates the scalp and hair, making your hair soft and smooth.
How To Make DIY Coconut Oil Hair Mask For Thicker Hair
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Jojoba Oil
- 5 Drops Thyme Essential Oil
- 5 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
How To Use
- Mix all the oils properly.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp, working all the way down to the tips.
- Leave it overnight or wash off with shampoo in about an hour.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a week.
We all have used coconut oil for our hair at least once. What makes this hair mask special is that it has the added benefits of jojoba oil, peppermint essential oil, and thyme essential oil along with coconut oil. All-natural ingredients, so you don’t have to worry about chemicals. So try this hair mask to get thicker, softer hair. Also, do not forget to share your experience with us in the comments below.