All of us already have or will experience the problem of hair fall at some point in our lives. Nobody wants dull, dry brittle hair prone to breakage. The hair fall control shampoos available in the market are so full of chemicals that they can be harmful in the long run. So we should use natural products which are effective as well as free of side effects, like this DIY castor oil and aloe vera hair mask to treat hair fall problems and to promote hair growth.
Benefits Of DIY Castor Oil And Aloe Vera Hair Mask For Hair Growth
- When castor oil is massaged into the scalp, it increases blood flow to the follicles, thus encouraging hair growth. When applied to the scalp, it also works against dandruff.
- Castor oil is rich in fatty acids, especially ricinoleic acid, which helps to retain moisture in the hair strands. Thus it is an effective treatment for dry, dull hair.
- The many nutrients in castor oil make the hair strong and less susceptible to damage. Using it regularly will strengthen your hair.
I strongly recommend the Cold Pressed Castor Oil by Sky Organics which USDA approved and 100% hexane-free. Not only good for hairs but great for skin and eyelashes.
Aloe Vera Gel
- Aloe vera gel contains many vitamins such as vitamin A, C, and E, which are antioxidants. It also contains folic acid, which is responsible for healthy cell growth. Thus aloe vera gel can promote hair growth. (source)
- Aloe vera gel hydrates and moisturizes hair and scalp, preventing flaky scalp and leading to softer, shinier hair.
- It has antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory effects, eliminating the problem of itchy scalp and keeping infection-causing pathogens at bay.
I strongly recommend the Organic Aloe Vera gel from Seven Minerals which is 100% Pure Aloe From Freshly Cut Aloe Plant and not powder. Have no Xanthan, so it absorbs rapidly with no sticky residue.
- Almond oil is rich in omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E, which are essential for proper growth and maintenance of healthy hair. Vitamin E’s antioxidant properties prevent free radical damage on hair and scalp.
- Almond oil’s emollient properties nourish the scalp and promote hair growth. It makes the hair softer, shinier, and manageable.
I strongly recommend the Sweet Almond Oil by Sky Organics. These are pure cold-pressed which is great for hairs and helps in face moisturizing as well.
Peppermint Essential Oil
- Peppermint essential oil is used to stimulate hair growth. A 2014 study demonstrated that peppermint essential oil promotes hair growth without toxic signs (source).
- Peppermint oil is also effective in treating dry hair and scalp. It moisturizes and hydrates the scalp and hair, making your hair soft and smooth.
I recommend the Peppermint Oil for Majestic Pure. These are high quality pure and natural essential oil of therapeutic grade.
How To Make DIY Castor Oil And Aloe Vera Hair Mask For Hair Growth
- 1 tablespoon Castor Oil (Buy on Amazon)
- 3-4 tablespoon Aloe Vera Gel (Buy on Amazon)
- 2 tablespoon Almond Oil (Buy on Amazon)
- 10 drops Peppermint Essential Oil (Buy on Amazon)
How To Use
- Mix all the oils and aloe vera gel properly.
- Apply the mixture to your scalp.
- Give a gentle massage for 3-5 minutes to boost blood circulation.
- Leave it overnight or wash off with shampoo in about an hour.
- Repeat it 2-3 times a week.
- Be sure to do a patch test to make sure your skin does not have an adverse reaction to the oils. The inner forearm is a great place to do a test since the skin is delicate, similar to facial skin.
- Additionally, pregnant women, infants, and young children should avoid certain essential oils. so be sure to do your homework beforehand.
- Keep the face oil bottle away from light.
Having strong, healthy hair is a sign of good health. No one wants to be seen with limp, lifeless hair. Hence it is important to take proper care of your hair so that you don’t have to face the problem of hair fall or damaged hair. So try this DIY castor oil and aloe vera hair mask to enhance your hair.