Coffee scrub is the natural way to exfoliate dead skin cells and helps to rejuvenate skin with new fresher cells. Coffee scrub provides several benefits for the skin and helps to get clear, glowing, and bright skin. So, to make skin look young and clear it is best to make this scrub at home which is easy to make and also effective for skin.
Benefits Of Coffee Scrub For Skin
- The caffeine present in coffee protects the skin from UV rays induced photodamage. It protects the skin cells or tissues from oxidative stress-induced cellular senescence, which means it keeps the skin cells revitalized and prevents signs of aging. (Source)
- Coffee grounds properly exfoliate the skin to remove excess oil and dirt, unclog pores, smoothens, and tightens the skin to improve the overall appearance of the skin.
- Coconut oil helps in the fading of fine lines and wrinkles. It reduces dark spots, boosts collagen synthesis, and protects the skin from the adverse effects of UV radiation. (source)
- Coconut oil is composed of many healthy fats and vitamin E, which makes it an effective moisturizer. It absorbs readily into the skin and makes it glowing, soft, and smooth.
- Almond oil has emollient properties that make the skin soft, supple, smooth, improves complexion, and skin tone. It is an effective remedy for dry skin conditions. (source)
- Almond oil also protects the skin from the damage caused by UV radiation due to the presence of vitamin E. It also has vitamin A which stimulates the production of new skin cells and fades fine lines and wrinkles.
- Brown sugar is a source of glycolic acid that penetrates deep into the skin and breaks down skin-binding “glue”, to encourage new cells and cell regeneration. This paves way for younger-looking skin.
- Brown sugar crystals exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells and other impurities. Thus it reveals clearer, brighter skin underneath.
Frankincense essential oil
- Frankincense essential oil is one of the best essential oils with anti-aging benefits. Its cell rejuvenating properties stimulate cell regeneration and also protect older cells from free radical damage.
- The astringent-like properties of the oil help to soothe the skin, tighten skin pores, and gives the skin an even tone. It’s also beneficial in softening fine lines and wrinkles. The drying property of astringent is helpful in giving the skin an oil-free, glowing look.
Procedure For DIY Coffee Scrub For Skin Tightening
- ½ cup coffee grounds
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon almond oil
- 15 drops frankincense essential oil
How to use:
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients.
- Wash your face or body with a cleanser.
- Gently massage the scrub onto your damp skin or face avoiding the eyes area.
- Leave it for about 2-3 minutes.
- Rinse it off with normal water and pat dry.
- Apply a moisturizer on your face.
- Repeat it once or twice a week.
- You can store the scrub in an airtight glass container for 4-6 weeks.
- Do a patch test on a small area of skin to see how it reacts to the scrub. If irritation or redness occurs, discontinue use.
- Do not rub the face scrub too harshly as it can irritate the skin and lead to rashes.
- Do not use the face scrub every day as scrubbing your face too frequently will strip the skin of its natural oils leading to dry skin.
Using a face scrub once in a while is important as it clears the skin and improves the tone and complexion of the face. This face scrub not only exfoliates your skin but also tightens it to give a youthful radiance. All the constituents are natural ingredients that are gentle on your skin but harsh on the impurities and germs. So try this DIY coffee scrub and make your skin glow.