When there are spare eggs kept in the kitchen, one is usually advised to apply it to the hair. And coconut oil’s versatility and dermatological benefits make it a staple kitchen ingredient. So why not combine the powers of both the kitchen ingredients? Egg and coconut oil hair mask is quite beneficial for hair. This hair mask not only nourishes hair but also promotes hair growth.
Benefits Of DIY Egg And Coconut Oil Hair Mask For Hair Growth
- Eggs stimulate hair growth, as it contains a key hair growth factor. Water-soluble peptides derived from the egg yolk stimulate the human hair follicle and promotes cell growth. (source)
- Eggs are rich in protein, which naturally makes them vital for hair care. A lack of protein causes dry, brittle, and limp hair. Eggs replenish the lost proteins and strengthen hair strands.
- Egg yolk contains natural fats, which moisturize hair and softens it. Egg whites keep the scalp healthy by removing excess oil and germs.
- Damaged hair is prone to breakage, roughness, and split ends. Coconut oil can reduce protein loss for both undamaged and damaged hair, hence keeping hair strong and healthy.
- Coconut oil has the ability to penetrate inside the hair shaft, because of its low molecular weight and straight linear chain. Hence, it nourishes hair from inside, making your hair smooth, shiny, and tangle-free.
- Regularly massaging your hair with coconut oil can stimulate hair growth as it reduces hair breakage, keeps the scalp healthy and deeply conditions the hair.
- Honey exerts emollient, humectant, soothing, and hair conditioning effects, reducing frizz, and restoring shine.
- Honey has antioxidant and antimicrobial properties, which help in keeping the scalp healthy. A healthy, nourished scalp enhances hair growth.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender essential oil has a marked hair growth-promoting effect, according to a 2016 study done on female mice. Thus, lavender essential oil might be beneficial for hair conditions like alopecia.
- Due to its antimicrobial properties, the lavender essential oil can prevent scalp infections. It also reduces skin inflammations which keeps the scalp healthy and thus promotes hair growth.
How To Make DIY Egg And Coconut Oil Hair Mask For Hair Growth
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 10 drops Lavender Essential Oil
How To Use
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil, honey, and lavender essential oil to the bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients properly by using a spoon.
- Apply the mask to your scalp, working all the way down to the tips.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo in about an hour. Do not use hot water.
- Repeat it 2 times a week.
Many people suffer from hair problems like thinning hair; dry, brittle hair; itchy scalp and dandruff; and hair fall. Many of these problems can be rectified by making diet changes and using the right hair care products, like this DIY coconut oil and egg hair mask. Made with easily available products, this hair mask is completely natural and effective too. So try this hair mask to nourish your hair.