Aging is inevitable, and it brings with itself the signs of aging, which include wrinkles and fine lines. We cannot get younger but you can definitely delay senescence of your skin by combining the powers of some oils. This DIY frankincense anti-wrinkle face serum has potent essential and carrier oils which are known to have anti-aging effects on the skin as well as provide nourishment.
Benefits Of Frankincense Anti-Wrinkle Face Serum
- Rosehip oil is rich in carotenoid pigments and is a strong antioxidant, which can inhibit the synthesis of MMP-1, an enzyme responsible for the breakdown of collagen. Thus, rosehip oil reverses the signs of aging and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.
- An extract derived from rosehip known as methanolic has been shown to be an inhibitor of melanogenesis; which means that rosehip oil works against skin pigmentation. It fades dark spots and keeps the skin tone even.
Sweet Almond Oil
- Sweet almond oil is rich in vitamin E, which is a necessary nutrient for good skin health. It protects the skin from the structural damage caused by UV radiation to keep it rejuvenated and helps in the repair of skin cells. Thus it retards the formation of wrinkles. (source)
- It has emollient and sclerosant properties and is used to improve complexion and skin tone. It moisturizes the skin and is used to treat dry skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema. It keeps the skin soft and supple. (source)
- Jojoba oil has anti-inflammatory properties, which has uses in a variety of skin conditions including skin infections and skin aging. It soothes the skin and reduces irritation and redness, along with moisturizing it. (source)
- Jojoba oil has a high content of wax esters, which makes it a good repair option for various skin diseases like seborrheic dermatitis, eczematous dermatitis, and acne. It keeps the skin healthy and delays senescence. (source)
Frankincense Essential Oil
- Frankincense essential oil is said to be beneficial for oily and acne-prone skin and has anti-inflammatory properties too. Frankincense essential oil helps in the wound healing process, thus reducing surgery/accident scars or even pregnancy marks.
- Due to its cell-rejuvenating properties, frankincense essential oil is used to prevent the signs of aging. The astringent-like properties of the oil help to soothe the skin, tighten skin pores, and gives the skin an even tone.
Myrrh Essential Oil
Myrrh essential oil has a strong antimicrobial effect, which helps in eliminating harmful bacteria and other microbes from the skin. It also improves the wound healing process. Thus it helps in keeping skin infections at bay. It is rich in antioxidants, which neutralize the free radicals and prevents oxidative damage, which includes the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
Procedure For DIY Frankincense Anti-Wrinkle Face Serum
- 5 ml rosehip oil
- 10 ml almond oil
- 10 ml jojoba oil
- 7 drops frankincense essential oil
- 5 drops myrrh essential oil
- 30 ml glass dark-colored dropper bottle
How to use:
- Take a dark-colored glass bottle and carefully pour rosehip oil, almond oil, and jojoba oil into it using a funnel or a dropper.
- Now add frankincense and myrrh essential oils to the bottle.
- Shake the bottle well so that all the oils are mixed together.
- Take 3-4 drops of the serum and apply it to your cleansed face with a gentle upward motion.
- Repeat it twice a day.
- Always do a patch test before applying any essential oil products.
- Do not apply the essential oils directly to your face. They are to be diluted with carrier oils before use.
- If you experience redness, itching, or irritation after applying the serum, discontinue use.
- While applying the serum, make sure it does not get into eyes or mouth. If it comes in contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water.
Healthy skin with a youthful radiance is desirable by all. Many people resort to chemical treatments to keep their skin wrinkle-free. However, these chemical treatments can be harsh on your skin and may even damage it. So it is always advised to go for natural treatments, such as this frankincense anti-wrinkle face serum. So what are you waiting for, pamper your face with this serum.