Hair creams, hair serums, or hair sprays. All are confined under the common issue; frizzy hair. Being able to tame these flyaways and get well-groomed yet carefree locks is the goal. And these products are all beneficial in one way or the other.
Several ingredients differ in each of these products and it is always under debate as to what confers the right factors to maintain healthy hair. Well, it depends on your hair type, the frequency of use, and the natural strength of your hair.
Hair creams and hair serums have come to the spotlight and are in great demand considering how they can transform frizzy, dry hair into glamorous locks. Both have become a part of the daily hair care routine.
Let us dig in more on these two products and figure out the best one.
Hair serum & hair cream
- Some hair creams clog the cuticles and make the hair more weak and prone to breakage.
- Hair serum does not clog pores and is light enough for the hair to breathe.
- Most of the hair creams come with a refreshing fragrance. They can be used to remove any sort of unpleasant odor from your hair.
- Hair serum can be made at home with the oils and ingredients of your choice.
- You can use hair cream even when your hair is wet and a great way to retain moisture. It is great for curly hair, as well.
- Hair serum requires you to dry your hair before application.
- Too much hair cream can weigh down the hair and make it appear greasy.
- Hair serum is great for moisturizing your hair instantly.
What is a Hair serum?
This oil-based product does amazing things to your hair. Depending on the company, these products can vary in their purpose. They may be used for straightening, styling, or removing frizz.
What does hair serum do to your hair?
Hair serum coats the strands with oil-like ingredients and allows them to appear smooth and shiny. They even help you style your hair as per your desire.
Benefits of hair serum
- Hair cream is known to protect you from heat exposure that causes breakage and hair fall. A layer of serum should help your hair stay healthy even after straightening or curling them.
- It also protects your hair from environmental pollution.
- If you wish to dye your hair but are concerned about the damage, then use hair serum for protection against the harsh ingredients.
- Straighten your hair with hair serum, and make it appear natural.
- It tames frizzy hair without weighing down weak and thin strands.
- Hair serum also repairs damaged hair and confer nourishment.
- They promote the growth of healthy hair follicles.
- Several types of hair serum are available for different hair types.
What is a Hair cream
Hair creams are soft and smooth in texture. They add to the smoothness and shine of your hair. Some hair creams deliver a pleasant fragrance and give your hair a fresh feel. This is a feature most of you look for in a cream.
What does hair cream do to your hair?
Hair cream confers a certain brawn to thin and weak hairs. Those hair types that are prone to breakage can benefit greatly from this product. Often it is hard to retain moisture after a shampoo session. Hair cream helps you there.
It does not make the hair too oily, rather makes the strand more apparent, strong, and alive, unlike the dull appearance offered after drying wet hair.
However, too much hair cream can weigh down the hair too.
Benefits of hair cream
Here are the benefits of hair cream for your hair;
- Hair cream acts as a natural styling cream. You can position your hair as per your wish.
- It tames frizzy hair, making them more manageable and settled enough to groom them.
- This product has a great effect on drying hair strands and the scalp. Applying hair cream over seemingly dried strands can replenish them.
- It locks in moisture, but enough for the strands to breath. Too much of the product can be washed off with shampoo.
- Give your hair the natural shine and smoothness with a single application of hair cream.
- You can apply them before and after washing your hair with shampoo.
- Hair cream can ward off dandruff.
Does hair cream have side effects?
No, hair creams do not have any known side effects.
- However, if you use it excessively, there are chances that product build-up could lead to hair loss and breakage. Other than that, hair cream does not contribute to hair growth.
- Certain companies provide the wrong formulation which may result in toxic ingredients. These may cause allergic reactions or an itchy scalp.
Can I use hair cream every day?
Yes, you can use hair care, daily. You can apply it before and after washing your hair using shampoo.
Both these products have great benefits in keeping the hair moist and eradicating dryness. While hair cream confers natural shine and removes frizzy hair, hair serum works by providing smoothness and giving a subtle glow.
The market is filled to the brim with various hair serum and hair cream types meant for different types of hair. Try them for your hair and choose the right one. Make sure to look for the product that can give you the right result without having to over-use it.