Sandalwood is well known for its elegant fragrance and how it enhances the pleasantness of soaps and other body care products. But, above all those, sandalwood dominates the skincare ingredients.
Table of Contents
What are the substitutes for sandalwood?
Sandalwood has long been in the market labelled with numerous benefits and being useful in almost all fields. Periodically, there is a significant hike in its economical value that has made it necessary for opting for a substitute ingredient that is as beneficial as the original one.
More importantly, acquiring raw sandalwood has proved to be quite difficult and with a lot of expenditure. This also resulted in finding a substitute for the various products made from sandalwood.
Extracted through a tedious process, this ingredient has successfully found several substitutes for its oil, powder, logs, scented sticks, and so on.
One such substitute that holds a lot of importance is that of sandalwood powder that finds use in face packs.
Here are some genuine substitutes for this natural ingredient.
Here is the video on face packs
Popularly used as an essential oil, this natural ingredient has a lot of benefits similar to sandalwood. Its powdered form finds use in hair care products, face packs, aromatherapy, and so on.
It is an excellent substitute for sandalwood with almost similar properties and a cheaper rate.
Here are a few of the major benefits of this ingredient if used in a face pack.
Benefits of Indian cedarwood for the skin
- It has antifungal properties that make it an effective cure for several skin related diseases like psoriasis and eczema.
- This ingredient finds use as an exfoliator.
- It also acts as an astringent.
- This ingredient enhances the complexion of our skin.
- They also relieve muscle spasms.
This is a special ingredient conferring several health and skin benefits. The moringa tree is originally found in India and other parts of Asia, Africa, and America.
Benefits of Moringa powder for skin
- It confers antifungal, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties to the skin.
- They are rich in several components such as vitamins A and B1, magnesium and iron.
- This ingredient contains Vitamin C, thereby acting as a skin whitening agent.
- It eliminates dark spots and prevents the formation of wrinkles.
- They have anti-aging properties.
- It nourishes the skin and delivers proteins that are responsible for protecting the skin from any sort of damage due to external factors.
- Moringa is also known to heal wounds faster.
- They are rich in antioxidants.
This popular spice is surprisingly an effective substitute for sandalwood. It has numerous benefits for hair, skin and health. Places like India utilise this ingredient on a regular basis in food and skin care routines.
Benefits of turmeric powder for skin
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can reduce skin irritations and scarring.
- They are antiseptic in nature and help heal faster.
- Turmeric powder is known to enhance the skin complexion on regular use.
- It eliminates dark spots and also heals cracked skin.
- This ingredient helps tighten your skin, and serve as an anti-aging agent.
- It is a great de-tanning ingredient.
- You can use it as a mild exfoliator, getting rid of dead cells.
- It softens your skin and helps enhance the overall appearance of your skin.
Coffee is a fascinating natural ingredient that goes with everything. Be it for skin beautification, or as an energy drink, coffee is an everyday necessity that can overpower any other ingredient.
For the same reason, it can be considered as a substitute for sandalwood powder in face packs. So if you find coffee as your favourite drink then you might as well consider it your go-to face pack ingredient.
Let us look at some of the benefits of coffee powder and how it can become an effective substitute for sandalwood powder.
Benefits of coffee Powder for skin
- It is an amazing exfoliating agent, effectively cleaning away dead cells and other impurities. Mix coffee with an essential oil such as almond or olive oil to unlock the complete potential of your face pack.
- Coffee is known to lock in moisture and prevent drying.
- It enhances the production of a protein called collagen that is necessary for the well-being of our skin.
- This ingredient helps increase blood circulation thereby reducing dull appearance and replacing it with firm and youthful skin.
- It enhances the complexion of your skin.
What is Sandalwood?
Sandalwood is a basic type of wood that is found in Hawaii, India, and Australia, and used for its oil, as powder, and in formulations for other products.
A natural ingredient that confers several benefits ranging from antimicrobial to skin whitening properties, they have associated medical benefits as well, which makes them quite suited as a beautifying agent.
Benefits Sandalwood for the skin
- This natural ingredient has skin whitening properties.
- It is anti-inflammatory and antiseptic.
- Sandalwood oil is great for skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
- This is a good choice for acne-prone skins since it gets rid of acne.
- It is a natural astringent, which confers tightness to the skin and reduces pore formation.
- They have anti-aging properties.
- It promotes the natural healing of wounds.
Benefits Sandalwood for hair
- It helps ward off dandruff.
- This ingredient prevents over secretion of oil from your scalp.
- It also prevents breakage and split ends for your hair.
- Sandalwood oil is known to enhance and promote healthy hair growth according to research.
There are several benefits of sandalwood that proves to be unique for this natural ingredient. However, these substitutes deliver almost equal benefits to the skin.