What’s that one one thing that you will find in every makeup artist’s stash? Makeup brushes. No matter how many shades of foundation, blushes or contour you own, everything falls flat without makeup brushes.
Makeup brushes help in easy application of the makeup. Generally, they come in a wide range of sizes and shapes.
Each makeup brush is curated for a specific application. This means that you cannot use your contour brush to apply the setting powder.
If you are curious to find out which cosmetic brushes are causing a stir in the market right now, you are at the right place. Dive into this article to know about BH cosmetic brushes and Morphe brushes.
Table of Contents
Which is better: BH Cosmetics brushes or Morphe brushes?
The reasons why BH Cosmetics brushes are better than Morphe brushes are:
- All BH Cosmetics brushes are made from synthetic material and are vegan and cruelty free. On the other hand, Morphe brushes use animal bristles that are potentially harmful for the environment.
- Unlike BH Cosmetics brushes, Morphe brushes tend to shed bristles very quickly.
- Since Morphe brushes are made from animal fur, they do not last as long as BH Cosmetics brushes do.
- Customers using Morphe brushes have reportedly faced a higher rate of brush mishaps such as detached handles and scratchy or frizzy bristles.
Here is the about BH Cosmetics Vs Morphe Brushes
What is BH Cosmetics Brand? Who founded BH Cosmetics?
BH Cosmetics is a Los Angeles based makeup brand. Known for their vibrant palette and energetic, youthful vibe, BH Cosmetics sells a wide range of products from eyeshadows and lip glosses to eyelashes and contour kits.
BH Cosmetics is known for its brand motto that believes in female empowerment, inclusivity and sustainability.
Fred Sadovskiy, Kirill Trachtenberg, and Robert Sefaradi founded BH Cosmetics in 2009. However, it was acquired by MidOcean Partners in 2018.
What does BH in BH Cosmetics stand for?
The BH in BH Cosmetics stands for “Be Heard”. This aligns with the BH Cosmetics’ goal to empower all women and help them express themselves through their bold and colourful products.
Why is BH Cosmetics so popular?
There are a lot of reasons why BH Cosmetics ticks all the boxes for their customers. From affordability to safety standards, here are a few reasons why, BH Cosmetics is so popular:
- BH Cosmetics offers a vast collection from lipsticks, glosses, mascara, liners to foundations and eyeshadow.
- All their products are vegan and cruelty free. No BH Cosmetics formulation is either derived from animals or tested on them.
- BH Cosmetics are dermatologically tested and allergy free. Their products do not contain nanoparticles, formaldehyde, retinol palmitate, mineral oil, coal tar or oxybenzone.
- Most of the cosmetics released by BH Cosmetics are fragrance free, while some contain less than 1% synthetic fragrance.
What are BH Cosmetics brushes?
BH Cosmetics offer several makeup brush collections. Understanding the value of a well sculpted makeup, most of their brush sets are designed to be multipurpose.
BH Cosmetics brushes are of three types:
- Face Makeup Brushes
- Eye and Eyebrow Brushes
- Blush and Contour Brushes
Are BH Cosmetics brushes vegan?
Like all their products, BH Cosmetics brushes are fully vegan. Instead of using animal fur, they use synthetic bristles to make their makeup brushes.
According to BH Cosmetics, the perks of going vegan with their brushes are:
- Animal hair bristles contain cuticles, which are lacking in synthetic bristles. The lack of cuticles prevents synthetic bristles from absorbing dirt, mascara or residual makeup.
- Synthetic or vegan brushes are easier to clean, and thus are more hygienic.
- Synthetic bristles are more durable than animal bristles, thus extending the overall longevity of the product.
- People who are allergic to animal fur or have sensitive skin, can use BH Cosmetics vegan brushes without suffering any side effects.
What are the features of BH Cosmetics brushes?
A standard 13-piece BH Cosmetics brushes can cover all your makeup needs. These are synthetic brushes that are designed to define and sculpt your facial features perfectly. Additionally, they allow the application of the makeup flawlessly, bringing an airbrushed effect to the whole face.
Their Signature Rose Gold, 13-piece brush set includes the following brushes:
- Pointed Powder Brush
- Powder Brush
- Flat Top Brush
- Small Contour Brush
- Fluffy Blending Brush
- Tapered Blending Brush
- Flat Shader Brush
- Dense Shader Brush
- Angled Shading Brush
- Detailing Pencil Brush
- Angled Brow Brush
- Bent Fine Liner Brush
- Brow & Lash Brush
What are the types of BH Cosmetics brushes?
Depending on the part of your face that you are focused on, most of the BH Cosmetics brushes can be categorised into the following types:
1. Face Makeup Brushes
BH Cosmetics face makeup brushes are designed specifically for applying foundation and contouring. BH Cosmetics claims that their face makeup brushes are very versatile and work well with all makeup formulas.
The BH Cosmetics face makeup brush bestseller is their Marble Luxe set. Not only are their marble handles with rose-gold ferrules aesthetically pleasing, but also they are synthetic and cruelty free.
2. Nose Makeup Brushes
The nose makeup brushes by BH Cosmetics are made for highlighting and contouring the nose. They can give the appearance of a sharp and well balanced nose.
BH Cosmetics suggests its users to use their Highlight Essentials set for the nose makeup brushes. The highlighting is to be done along the middle of the nose, followed by contouring on the sides.
3. Eye Makeup Brushes
BH Cosmetics has its own specific eye makeup brushes kit. Their Smokey Eye Essentials set consists of tapered diffusing brushes that can blend and crease exceptionally well.
This 7-piece eye makeup brush set also contains an eye-detailing brush, a smudger brush and a bent-liner brush that are ideal for a dramatic smokey eye look.
4. Eyebrow Makeup Brushes
Thought that eye makeup and eyebrow makeup are the same thing? Try BH Cosmetics angled eyebrow brush and the spoolie brush to create the perfect arched eyebrows.
5. Lip Makeup Brushes
The range of lip makeup brushes by BH Cosmetics can create precise and lined lips without any smudging. Their gently tapered brushes are multifunctional and can be used with lipstick tubes, liquid lipsticks or even lipstick pots.
What is the Morphe Brand? Who founded Morphe?
Another Los Angeles based makeup brand that made the break is Morphe Cosmetics. Founded in 2008, Morphe is popular all over the world for its makeup collaborations with famous influencers like Jacelyn Hill, Nikita Dragun and the D’Amelio sisters.
Morphe was founded in 2008 by Chris and Linda Tawil but is now owned by General Atlantic.
Why is Morphe so popular?
Morphe is known for its social media presence and has cemented itself as the makeup brand of choice for their younger generations. Not only are their products very affordable, but also offer high and long-lasting pigmentation.
Morphe covers almost all aspects of cosmetics from brushes, liners, lipsticks to eyeshadow palettes, highlighters and contours. They also launch specific makeup lines in collaboration with famous makeup artists such as James Charles and Jacelyn Hill.
What are Morphe brushes? What are its features?
Like other makeup brands, Morphe has also launched its line of makeup brushes. Morphe brushes are preferred by professionals for creating beautiful and chiselled makeup. The best features of their brushes are:
- Morphe brushes are very cheap.
- These brushes have comfortable handles, good bristle density and precise shapes.
- Morphe brushes are found exceptionally good for blending and offer high coverage.
- Morphe brushes are made in collaboration with famous influencers and are favoured by generations of amateur and professionals alike.
BH Cosmetics brushes have emerged as a clear winner over Morphe brushes. Although both brands offer a vast collection of brushes and very affordable rates, there are some reasons why BH Cosmetics is more preferred.