Say goodbye to dry and dull skin with this DIY lavender and honey face wash. This face wash is made with natural ingredients that moisturize and nourish your skin. It also balances your skin’s pH and gives you soft, smooth and glowing skin. Besides, it takes only five minutes to make this face wash. So, keep reading to see the full recipe.
Benefits Of DIY Lavender And Honey Face Wash
- Honey is an effective natural moisturizer. It works as a humectant, which means it attracts moisture from the environment and seals it in the skin.
- It is an emollient too, meaning it makes your skin soft and improves its texture.
- Honey can inhibit the growth of acne-causing bacteria. Thus honey can treat acne and prevent breakouts. (source)
- Honey has anti-aging properties too. It contains antioxidants properties that neutralize damage-causing free radicals. Hence prevents premature skin aging.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Lavender essential oil reduces skin inflammations due to its potent anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore it reduces swelling, redness and improves skin tone.
- Lavender essential oil is full of antioxidants, which gives it the power to protect and repair skin cells as well as reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- The lavender essential oil can fight against acne too. It has anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties that fight acne-causing bacteria.
I strongly recommend Lavender Essential Oil from Majestic Pure. This is a high quality essential oil which is 100% pure and is of therapeutic grade.
- Jojoba oil contains omega-3 fatty acids that moisturize and nourish your skin.
- Jojoba oil has a high content of wax esters, which makes it a good repair option for various skin diseases like acne. (source)
I strongly recommend Jojoba Oil by Laven Rose. Its pure cold-pressed oil, natural and unrefined. This will provide the best moisture to your skin and is great for hairs and nails as well.
- Rosewater hydrates your skin. This makes your skin soft and plumpy.
- Its astringent like properties tighten pores and helps in removing excess oil, dirt and dead skin from the pores. Hence giving you clear and glowing skin.
- It also balances your skin’s pH. This improves your skin’s defense mechanism against harmful germs and bacteria.
I recommend Rose Water by Laven Rose. These are pure Moroccan rosewater hydrosol.
How To Make DIY Lavender And Honey Face Wash
- ⅓ cup Castile Soap (Buy on Amazon)
- ⅓ cup Honey
- 2 tablespoon Jojoba Oil (Buy on Amazon)
- 3 tablespoon Rosewater (Buy on Amazon)
- 15 drops Lavender Essential Oil (Buy on Amazon)
How To Use
- Take a pump bottle and pour ⅓ cup of castile soap into it.
- Add 1/3 cup of honey.
- Now add the rosewater, jojoba oil and lavender essential oil.
- Gently shake the bottle to make sure that the ingredients are mixed well.
- Your DIY lavender honey face wash is ready to use.
- When you want to use it, take a small amount in your palm and apply it on your damp face. Massage for 2 minutes and then rinse off.
There are so many face washes available in the market. However, many of them have chemicals or preservatives which may be harmful to the skin. This DIY lavender honey face wash can be made at home with natural and effective ingredients in just 5 minutes. With this face wash, you won’t have to worry about what you are putting on your face. So definitely try this DIY lavender and honey face wash recipe. Also do not forget to share your experience with us in the comments below.