If you are looking for home remedies to make your eyelashes grow and came across a relative or friend recommend and is sceptical about it.
Then here is the answer to your confusion, olive oil may help your eyelashes grow thicker and fuller.
Though many influencers and websites swear that olive oil does help grow lashes there has been no research proof to prove the same. Despite this many experts claim that olive oil helps condition the lashes and helps promote the functioning of lash follicles.
The main reason for this claim is because olive oil contains many vitamins and nutrients, like vitamin E, vitamin K, chlorophyll, and carotenoids, that promote hair growth.
Table of Contents
How to apply olive oil to your eyelashes?
- First of all, make sure that you have quality olive oil.
- Apply a small amount of the oil to your fingers.
- Massage the oil into your eyelashes by gently rubbing your oiled finger in them.
- If you are not comfortable using your hand you can also use an old mascara applicator and use it to apply oil into your lashes.
- If you are using a mascara brush, make sure that you don’t use excess oil as it may make the lashes thick leaving you feeling uncomfortable.
- Now, remember that natural remedies do not work at the same pace as manufactured products so it might take a while before you see the result.
- Apply it at night before bed and make sure to apply it at least 3-4 days a week.
Other natural remedies that claim to help your lashes grow
1. Castor oil
- Contains naturally occurring fatty acids that help your lashes grow longer and thicker.
- Like olive oil castor oil is thick but it is a dry oil and hence will not be as uncomfortable as olive oil.
- Apply castor oil on the eyelashes carefully with the help of a mascara brush, finer tips or Q-tip. Leave it overnight, rinse it in the morning.
2. Petroleum jelly
- An excellent emollient and hydrating agent
- A simple method to help your lashes grow faster.
- Apply pure petroleum jelly on your eyelashes daily every night before bed.
3. Shea butter
- Contains vitamin A and vitamin E
- Is said to nourish the hair follicles and enhance their growth., thus making them stronger.
- Apply it on your fingertips, and then massage it gently onto the eyelashes. Leave it on overnight and wash it out in the morning.
4. Green tea
- Green tea is rich in antioxidants and we all know it is good for skin but how does it help in lash growth?
- Apparently, the antioxidant in green tea also helps in hair growth too.
- Brew up a cup of green tea and then after it cools down, apply it to the lashes and leave it on overnight. You can refrigerate the rest for later use for up to 3 days
- Or you can just drink that brewed cup of green tea.
5. Vitamin E
- It helps in stimulating hair growth in your lashes by increasing blood circulation to hair follicles.
- It’s available in the form of capsules.
- Take a vitamin E capsule, prick the capsule using a pin and apply the oil that oozes out from the capsule onto your lashes.
6. Warm compress
- A warm compress can unclog pores and deep clean your eyelids and lash lines
- Make sure the compress is of gentle temperature i.e lukewarm.
7. Eye massages
- while applying your eye cream just gently massage your eye area for about a minute or two twice a day.
8. Coconut oil
- Coconut oil has moisturizing properties that help trap the protein into your lash hair and prevent the weaker strands from falling.
- Apply it in the same way as you apply castor oil.
9. Biotin supplements
- Make sure to consult your doctor before you take these supplements to promote lash growth.
Tips to take care of your eyelashes
- While removing your makeup, be extremely gentle around the lashes. Don’t rub harshly on your eyes when removing makeup.
- Your eyes are sensitive, make sure you are using good quality products on and near your eyes let it be eye cream or mascara.
- Your diet must include foods rich in nutrients that promote hair growth such as omega-3 fatty acids etc.
- Be very careful while using lash tools like eyelash curlers and false lashes. Don’t use an eyelash curler on wet lashes and while removing lashes be careful and gentle.
- Give your eyes a rest occasionally from makeup products.
Products to take care of eyelashes
1. Jane Iredale Pure Lash Extender & Conditioner
“PureLash Thickener and Conditioner provide a much-needed step towards unbelievable lashes. A simple coat of this revolutionary formula before applying mascara will help strengthen, lengthen and thicken your lashes, making the mascara twice as effective.”
2. Olay Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo
“ Regenerist Micro-Sculpting Eye Cream & Lash Serum Duo combines a hydrating Eye Cream with a nourishing Lash Serum to provide smoother-looking lids, firmer skin and instantly thicker-looking lashes. You’ll see younger-looking eyes that are brighter and firmer in just one week.”
This product is not cruelty-free.
- FDA-approved, prescription-strength eyelash serum.
- Is formulated with bimatoprost, which helps grow your existing lashes and can even stimulate the growth of new hairs in 4-6 weeks.
4. CoverGirl Lash Blast Lash & Brow Serum
- Can be applied to both lash and brows.
- Consists of a blend of bamboo extract, biotin, peptides, and castor oil.
5. GrandeLASH™ – MD Lash Enhancing Serum
- “A cult-favourite lash enhancing serum that promotes the appearance of longer, thicker-looking lashes in four to six weeks, with full improvement in as little as three months.”
- This serum is infused with vitamins, antioxidants, and amino acids that help you get longer, thicker-looking lashes naturally.
6. Pronexa Hairgenics Lavish Lash – Eyelash Growth Enhancer & Brow Serum
- With Biotin & Natural Growth Peptides for Long, Thick Lashes and Eyebrows.
- Dermatologist Certified
Remember you are beautiful the way you are and it is not a sin to want to be the better version of you inside and outside.