Of all the other hair treatments and makeovers, hair glazing is such an underrated factor that can add vibrance, glossy appearance, and also a certain lightness to your hair. Hair glaze is a coating that you can apply to your hair to get rid of a dull appearance.
If you have just dyed your hair, yet the color does not stand out or seems less alive, then giving it a coating of hair glaze is the right thing to do. Today, we are going to explain everything you need to know about hair glaze. Keep reading.
Table of Contents
What is a hair glaze?
Hair glaze is a shiny cover that can be applied to your hair to make it look more vibrant and alive. Just think of it like the transparent coating applied after a manicure. Any unevenness in hair color is removed and it gives your hair a natural shimmer.
What is the purpose of hair glaze?
As the name suggests, hair glaze adds an after-glaze to your hair. It enhances the hues, the texture by forming a protective layer over your hair strands. It also does a lot more to your brittle or dull hair, making it look more healthy.
You can use it after dyeing your hair or use it before or after wash. Some hair glaze comes with proteins that can add some health benefits and enhance strength and growth.
How to apply hair glaze to your hair?
The easy application of hair glaze products makes it a must-to-buy ingredient for your hair. So here is a quick walk-through on how to apply hair glaze effectively;
1. Prep your hair
Before you glaze your hair, make sure to shampoo thoroughly and clean out dirt or impurities. This will make sure that your hair gets the complete benefit of the hair glaze. Dry them before applying the hair glaze.
Also, avoid applying conditioner before glazing your hair. Since conditioners are going to conceal the cuticles and not allow the ingredient to absorb onto your hair.
2. Protect your hands.
Most hair glaze products come with hand gloves to protect your skin. However, the components are not hazardous, but pretty safe for your hair.
3. Start applying section-wise.
Grab a section in the front of your hair, and hold it out. Then squeeze out the hair glaze onto the strands, gently spread the content along the length of your hair. You could use your hands or a brush for this purpose.
Apply to every section of your hair. Since it does not require precision unlike dyes, it is quite easy to use at home and on your own.
4. Even out with a comb.
Brush your hair to even out the component throughout the strand. Be careful while applying the ingredient, try not to overdo it on a specific region.
Wait for about 15 to 20 minutes to wash off your hair.
5. Rinse off and dry.
Wash your hair with shampoo and conditioner, and pat dry. Make sure to use a gentle towel to squeeze out the water.
See the difference. Hope you enjoy it.
6. How long does hair glaze last?
Hair glaze is used for short-term effects and lasts for about 2 weeks. However, if you use shampoo frequently, then it will last shorter than that.
Hair glaze vs hair gloss
The two products add shine and gloss to your hair making it appear smooth and ravishing. However, they differ in the duration of effects. Here are some of the major differences between the two;
- Hair glaze is for short-term use and does not give a permanent effect.
- Unlike hair gloss, this ingredient does not require strong chemical components and thus is comparatively safer for constant use.
- It stays as a coat on your hair and prevents hair damage.
- Hair gloss treatments give a glossy appearance for a long duration and last for about a month, based on the frequency of your application.
- This treatment for your hair is usually performed in salons and taken care of by professionals.
- Since it requires to have a long-lasting effect, hair gloss includes hydrogen peroxide and ammonia or its substitutes as ingredients.
Benefits of hair glaze
The best part of the hair glaze treatment is that you can apply it at home and need not hire a professional for the job. Since the hair glaze application is just like applying hair cream, there is no preparation required before the process.
Here are the benefits of applying hair glaze to your hair;
- If your hair looks dull and lifeless, hair glaze is just the product for you.
- Hair glaze can protect your dyed strands from turning coppery.
- It evens out the shades making your dye color or your natural color appear more vibrant.
- Some products have additional components that allow them to lock in dye colors. So you wouldn’t have to worry about dyeing for a few more days.
- It gives instant freshness to strands, making them appear less frizzy and out of order.
- They coat the hair with a translucent substance that is safe and avoids hair breakage.
- Some hair glaze products even have certain proteins added to them, which promotes hair growth.
- It is not heavy on your hair and is not the least bit greasy, making it a breathable substance.
Hair glaze is a great product recommended by a lot of experts with its lightness and non-toxic ingredients. Your hair will feel fresh and vibrant, without additional ingredients. So go ahead and give it a try!